The 7th IASTED International Conference on
Modelling, Simulation and Identification
July 19 – 21, 2017
SPECIAL SESSION PROPOSAL
Thank you for your interest in organizing a special session for MSI 2017. Outlined below are the guidelines for organizing and submitting a special session.
- For a session to be considered as a Special Session, it must include a minimum of 5 papers.
- All papers for the special session will be submitted directly to the organizer. NO special session papers are to be submitted through the IASTED website.
PAPER REVIEW AND SELECTION
- The special session organizer is responsible for having each paper reviewed by at least two independent reviewers.
- The special session organizer will make the final selection of papers for the session.
- The special session organizer must email all accepted authors information to [email protected], by the general notification deadline. IASTED will then send official invitation letters and registration information to the authors.
- All authors accepted for the special session are required to register and provide full payment by the conference registration deadline.
- All final papers must be received by the conference final submission deadline and must adhere to the IASTED final paper formatting requirements outlined at www.iasted.org/formatting-final.htm
- The special session organizer will act as chairman of the special session at the conference.
- The special session organizer's paper can be reviewed by IASTED upon request.
In order to submit a special session proposal, please email IASTED at [email protected] with the following information:
- Name of the conference that you are submitting to: (ie. MSI 2017)
- Title of special session
- Brief (1 paragraph) description of your special session
- Brief (1 paragraph) biography of special session organizer
- Preferred email address for receiving paper submissions
The special session organizer may use the IASTED website to call for paper submissions. When a proposal is accepted, the special session organizer will be informed of the designated web-link. The organizer's name will appear in the conference program as "Special Session Organizer." Additionally, each Special Session Organizer will receive an honorarium.
If you have further questions regarding special sessions, please contact IASTED via e-mail at [email protected]. Please indicate the title of the conference for which you are submitting a special session (ie. MSI 2017) in the subject line of your e-mail.